About Me

My photo
UCSI INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE 2013 JAN INTAKE DEGREE STUDENT- - - - - - - - - - - An ordinary girl, wish to have simple but meaningful life~

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

SINGAPORE DAY1 - part 2

WALKING I.A. SERIES 001
MISSION: SPOT & JUST SNAP!
TARGET: BUILDING STRUCTURES

 SPOTTED! An art work by the artist Ernest Zacharevic.
It is so awesome! nice art work!

 LASALLE college of the arts.
The facade itself is so ART.
I wish I could have a study environment like this too *^~^*

 This building structure is so bold and rigid.
By looking at it, I can feel WEIGHT!
So bold.

While I am waiting to cross a road,
I found something interesting on this tall and clean cut flat.
LOOK! The elevator is exposed! 
The mechanism of the transportation can be seen from outside.
I wonder what is the feeling of riding it.
xD

 From far,I saw bushes of tree.
Focus at the building.
PARK ROYAL!
AWESOME!
Hanging garden! It's just too awesome!
The green design blend in with the glass structure which reflect the sky.
I can't take my eyes off it!
Another building next to it looks alike with it.
The big cuboid structure is supported by thin piers and a central column.
It give me a feel of floating cuboid.

Instead of building a cube, this building structure is like 2 clustered cube.
The facade is also different.
One is netted and the other is in grid.
I can feel interlocking of two space.

In this row of building, that brown structure caught my attention!
Let's have a closer look.
The entrance is a cuboid and the main building structure is a subtraction of cuboid.
It reminds me about me about the design principles.

Octagon building structure.
I would like to see it's interior!
How is the space divided? Is it like how we cut a cake?

Adding a few vertical elements,
makes the boring glass facade looks more attractive.
This shopping complex have a wide space at the entrance.
It makes us feel that the building is HUGE! 
 By having a wide space at the entrance, 
there is a skylight.
Make use of natural lighting to reduce usage of artificial lighting.
Another skylight in circle.
It creates a shading device which also a lighting device during day time.

Rear elevation of the building

to be continue...











No comments:

Post a Comment